Friday, May 22, 2009

91st Street Garden, redux

Last July, I speculated that the garden at 91st Street in Riverside Park would look terrific in May. This week I took a bike ride up that way to find out.

While it may not have been *flooded* with spring color, the garden was quite lovely and had many species in bloom.


Next week I'll highlight a few of the perennials there. In the meantime, I'll show a few plants that I've already covered in blog posts past. First up, Aquilegia species and hybrids:




This one below is a native columbine, Aquilegia canadensis:


A great looking bearded iris (Iris germanica):


And finally, a white ('Alba') hybrid of bleeding heart (Dicentra spectabilis):


I'll cover the Clematis to the right of the bleeding heart next week. Enjoy the Memorial Day weekend!

No comments: